Michael Fullan, OC is the former Dean of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, and Professor Emeritus of the University of Toronto. He is co-leader of the New Pedagogies for Deep Learning global initiative (npdl.global). Recognized as a worldwide authority on educational reform, he advises policymakers and local leaders in helping to achieve the moral purpose of all children learning. Michael Fullan received the Order of Canada in December 2012. He holds honorary doctorates from several universities around the world.
Fullan is a prolific, award-winning author whose books have been published in many languages. His book Leading in a Culture of Change received the 2002 Book of the Year Award by Learning Forward, Breakthrough (with Peter Hill and Carmel Crévola) won the 2006 Book of the Year Award from the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE), and Turnaround Leadership in Higher Education (with Geoff Scott) won the Bellwether Book Award in 2009. Change Wars (with Andy Hargreaves) was named the 2009 Book of the Year by Learning Forward, and Professional Capital (with Andy Hargreaves) won the AACTE 2013 Book of the Year, and the Grawemeyer Award in Education in 2015.
Michael Fullan’s latest books are:
– Nuance: Why Some Leaders Succeed and Others Fail
– Surreal Change: The Real Life of Transforming Public Education (autobiography)
– Deep Learning: Engage the World Change the World (with Joanne Quinn and Joanne McEachen)
– Coherence: Putting the Right Drivers in Action (with Joanne Quinn)
– The Principal: Three Keys for Maximizing Impact.