Michael Fullan, Professor Emeritus, OISE/University of Toronto,
Co-Director of New Pedagogies for Deep Learning
Michael Fullan, Order of Canada, is the former Dean of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, and Professor Emeritus of the University of Toronto. He is co-leader of the New Pedagogies for Deep Learning global initiative (www.deep-learning.global).
Fullan served as Premier Dalton’s Special Policy Adviser in Ontario from 2003-2013. He received the Order of Canada (OC) in December 2012 and holds five honorary doctorates from universities around the world. His ‘interim autobiography’, Surreal Change, covers his pre-Covid-19 Pandemic period to 2018. Michael and his colleagues are now working diligently on field-based comprehensive system change in several countries. The goal of this work focuses on the ‘humanity paradigm’ —a deep care and commitment to all living things including equity and equality in the service of helping all humans cope and thrive in complex societies of the 21st century.
Michael Fullan’s latest books are:
– The Drivers (with Joanne Quinn, 2023)
– The Principal 2.0: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact (2023)
– Spirit Work and the Science of Collaboration (with Mark Edwards, 2022)
– Nuance: Why Some Leaders Succeed and Others Fail
– Surreal Change: The Real Life of Transforming Public Education (autobiography)
– Deep Learning: Engage the World Change the World (with Joanne Quinn and Joanne McEachen)
– Coherence: Putting the Right Drivers in Action (with Joanne Quinn)
– The Principal: Three Keys for Maximizing Impact.