Michael Fullan, Joanne Quinn, Joanne McEachen
Deep Learning has claimed the attention of educators and policymakers around the world. This book not only defines what deep learning is, but takes up the question of how to mobilize complex, whole-system change and transform learning for all students.
Deep Learning is a global partnership that works to: transform the role of teachers to that of activators who design experiences that build global competencies using real-life problem solving; and supports schools, districts, and systems to shift practice and how to measure learning in authentic ways.
This comprehensive strategy incorporates practical tools and processes to engage students, educators, and families in new partnerships and drive deep learning. Inside you’ll find:
- The Deep Learning Framework
- Vignettes and case studies from K-12 classrooms in 1,200 schools in seven countries
- Guidance for reaching disadvantaged and differently abled students
- Sample protocols and rubrics for assessment
- Videos demonstrating deep learning design and innovative leadership in practice
Through learning partnerships, learning environments, new pedagogical practices, and leveraged digital skills, deep learning reaches students as never before—preparing them to be active, engaged participants in their future.
A joint publication between Corwin Press and Ontario Principals’ Council