Michael Fullan, O.C., is the former Dean of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto. Recognized as a worldwide authority on educational reform, he advises policymakers and local leaders around the world in helping to achieve the moral purpose of all children learning. Michael Fullan received the Order of Canada in December 2012. He holds honorary doctorates from several universities in North America and abroad.
Fullan is a prolific, award-winning author whose books have been published in many languages. His book Leading in a Culture of Change was awarded the 2002 Book of the Year Award by Learning Forward, Breakthrough (with Peter Hill and Carmel Crévola) won the 2006 Book of the Year Award from the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE), and Turnaround Leadership in Higher Education (with Geoff Scott) won the Bellwether Book Award in 2009. Change Wars (with Andy Hargreaves) was awarded the 2009 Book of the Year Award by Learning Forward, and Professional Capital (with Andy Hargreaves) won the AACTE 2013 Book of the Year, and the Grawemeyer Award in Education in 2015. Michael Fullan’s latest books are: The Principal: Three Keys for Maximizing Impact, Coherence: Putting the Right Drivers in Action (with Joanne Quinn), Freedom to Change, and Indelible Leadership. He currently serves as an Advisor to the Premier and Minister of Education in Ontario, and is co-leader of the New Pedagogies for Deep Learning global initiative.
Other books by Michael
- Motion Leadership In Action, 2013
- The Principal: Maximizing Impact, 2014
- A Rich Seam: How New Pedagogies Find Deep Learning (with Maria Langworthy), January 2014
- Big City School Reforms: Lessons from New York, Toronto, and London (with Alan Boyle), 2014
- The Principal: Three Keys for Maximizing Impact, 2015
- Coherence: Putting the Right Drivers in Action (with Joanne Quinn), 2015
- Freedom to Change: Four Strategies to Put Your Inner Drive into Overdrive, 2015
- Indelible Leadership: Always Leave Them Learning, 2016